1. Check that you have the EndNote toolbar in Word.
2. In your Word document, place the cursor where the reference is to be inserted (e.g., before the full stop at the end of a sentence).
a. Select the EndNote tab. In the Citations group, click the magnifying glass icon (the top half of the Insert Citation button).
3. Type in your search term(s), and press Enter, or click the Find button.
4. A list of matching records will appear.
5. Highlight the reference(s) to be inserted.
6. Click the Insert button. The in-text citation will appear in the document and the reference list at the end of the document will be updated automatically.
You can also add the citation as Author (Year) e.g. "Rossi (2008) commented ... "
1. To do this, when inserting the citation, click on the small arrow at the right of the insert button.
2. In the drop down menu, select Insert & Display as Author (Year).