Academic view of interface
When you open the link in Course Readings your view will show the following features:
Creating a group (folder) for readings
To Delete a group/folder
You can delete a folder by selecting the rubbish bin icon. It will not delete your readings, only the folder, and you readings will move back into the ungrouped folder.
Placing reading links through out your course content
Wherever you see the Editing bar you can place a In place reading link using the Course Readings icon in the toolbar - in Moodle ie Books, Lessons, Topics. This makes the reading available at the point of need for your students. Also it makes the link managed from the central reading list in your course. If you ever need to change the URL for the reading you can alter in the Reading list, and all the 'in place' reading links follow.
1. Turn editing on in Moodle, and add a 'Label' to the area in Moodle you wish to add the reading link.
2. Select 'edit' option in the Label, (or Topic, or Book etc) to open the toolbar (the Course Readings tool will be visible as below).
3. ** IMPORTANT** Place your cursor at the point where you would like the reading link inserted in your content
3. Select the Course Readings icon to open your list.
4. Select the list your require (most courses will have only one list attached).
5. Select the tickbox next to the reading you wish to place, scroll up and SUBMIT
Deleting reading links
To delete a reading link, make sure you are editing the topic/book/page, place your cursor after the block of text which includes the reading, and either backspace or delete. This does not delete your reading, only this link.