1. Conduct a search.
2. Click on the Add to folder icon for each of the results you want to save.
3. Click on the Folder icon in the upper right-hand corner.
4. Re-select the references to export.
5. Click on the Export icon.
6. Click the radio button in front of Direct Export in RIS Format.
Note: Uncheck the Remove these items from folder after saving option, if you want items to remain in the folder after performing the export function.
7. Click Save.
Note: If using FireFox choose Open with EndNote X8 and click OK. Your EndNote desktop library will automatically open and your new references will appear in the Imported References folder.
8. If using Chrome, a file will be downloaded. Click on the filename to open it in EndNote.
9. The references should appear in the Imported References folder.